On our way to Laguna



It was a very fine Saturday morning when me and my Officer
Ms. Vanj decided to visit Ms. Marj rest house in Laguna. I was very excited then since
it's gonna be my first time going there. On our way there, I have somehow grasped one of the breath-taking spot and National Historical Landmark that I've never seen before. .
The Nagcarlan's famous Underground Cemetery.


The Nagcarlan Underground Cemeter was built in 1851
by the Franciscan Missionaries. As far as I can remember, this is the only underground cemetery that has been built in the Philippines. During the Spanish Colonnial period, this cemetery was used by the Katipuneros as a secret meeting place. It was believed to be a very sacred and secluded place forour Ancestors.


0 Comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home