Apparently, poverty is inevitable nowadays given that every now and then, there’s a rapid increase in the population due to lack of information and ignorance about family planning. They were not properly oriented and guided about these facts because for them it’s just a waste of time and money. This is the main rationale of poverty and that is why, our homeland is not improving and recuperating because of being unaware and ignorant of our brothers and sisters. If they will just focus on and follow those guidelines provided by the health centers and health organizations, I believe that this enigmatic dilemma would resolve this vast poverty. They could even have a better life per se, that is to probably send their children to a high-quality schools and universities and meet their basic needs.

However on the other side of the coin, all I can do for them is to extend my hand and give them comfort. Give them something that are superfluous to me, console those who are discriminated by the upper class or the so called aristocrats or those who are in the state of parvenu. What I’m trying to say is that I will definitely share them those things that are excessive to me. I will also become practical upon buying such things that are not necessary. Instead of wasting my money out of those unnecessary things, I will keep it and give it to the poor. If I have old clothing and toys, I would probably share it to them as a gift, no charge gratis.

Another niche, I will volunteer myself to go on rural areas or those habitats which are dominated by the less fortunate ones, so that I can orient them and give them proper tutelage about family planning. I will also help them increase their erudition by inculcating them the proper attitude towards other community.

Ergo, I should treat them equally as what I treat other people dearest to me. I believe that in serving others, it’s like I’m serving God.

2 Comments:

I share your attitude and feelings towards the poor people, i do not like the discrimination against the poor people,as well.
i hope one days i will be able to poor people, as much as i can.
good lucks ,

November 29, 2008 at 1:57 AM  

How naive to assume that poverty only occurs because of a lack of information. Poverty exist in the world because people are denied the resources they need to provide for themselves. We invade their lands, force them to work under a salary that is not sufficient to cover their basic needs and then expect them to be informed... is that your solution, to provide the same information you have? How about the basic necesities in life. When a person doesn't have something to eat the last thing in their mind is sending their children to a good, priviledge school. Is your solution giving them your "used" clothing. Oh my, how charitable of you. How about a real sacrifice? How about you stop being so ignorant about the causes of poverty, how about you educate yourself first before you are able to educate others.

December 18, 2008 at 4:59 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home